9.12.2014

Grey Day










Wednesday night walk to my knitting group.
The cold, wet weather gave me an excuse to break out some of my favorite vintage pieces.
A heavy wool blanket shawl
A hand-knit fisherman sweater with wildly long ribbing at the cuffs and hem.
And a pair of leather ankle boots.

And a photo of my cat Luccas, who likes to help with all of my needlework projects.
Speaking of...
I am almost finished knitting my husband's birthday socks, and not a minute too soon, now that the boots are out of storage again. I am using Jenny Gordy's pattern from Made by Hand, Lena Corwin's latest book and ode to craft. The book features a wide variety of projects to try and skills to practice all taught by a roster of impressive makers and beautifully photographed. I have been imagining plans for most of the suggested projects in the book but so far I have just knit this sock pattern, twice.
Like all of Gordy's patterns, both knit and sewn, the socks are simple and elegant. No frills and simply perfect.



Sneak peak of the LSNW chambray and linen Drawstring Project Bag....

No comments:

Post a Comment