4.07.2015

Beautiful Old Socks

On a trip to the antique market down the street from me I stumbled on this pair of beautiful old socks. Dyed by hand in a palate of greens, lavenders and rusty pinks, the label from the vendor simply read "antique socks from Asia." They were so lovingly and laboriously made that I took them home to admire. This kind of craftsmanship is so inspiring to me.

A view from the inside. 

And just because I had to try them on at least once...
so cozy. I don't think I could ever bare to try and recreate these in earnest since whatever yarn I found could never compare to the natural variation of color and texture present in these originals but next winter I might play around with recreating the shape of these beautiful socks since the moment I put them on they were the most comfortable, comforting house socks one could ever ask for. Perfect for a chilly night of puttering around.  

No comments:

Post a Comment